I’m Ami. I’m an ordinary girl, really. I wasn’t born an Austinite but I was raised one and, despite my wanderlust will always consider Austin, TX my home. I make my money by designing and building websites, but my real passions are adventure, knowledge, writing and food.
What really makes me tick is the world around me. The changes and evolution I watch every day inspire me to evolve and change myself. More so now than ever it seems that the world is waking up, and I’m waking up along with it.
On a less philosophical note, here are some illustrative tidbits that may give you a better picture of who I am.
- I moonlight as a goth kid and love any chance to dress up in costume
- I love to cook and experiment in the kitchen, my little sister and I have made “healthy desserts” our kind of life’s mission
- I’m only half Dutch, but I like to pretend that I’m 100%
- I get bored easily. This results in a house cluttered with unfinished projects, half-read books and abandoned art supplies. My hard-drive is even worse.
- I could not live without chocolate or coffee
- I wish a I was a better artist than I am. I haven’t found a form of art, other than writing, that I can stick to long enough to get good at it.
- I boycott new gadgets because they are “unnecessary” but you can always put money on me having one as soon as I realize how cool and life changing it actually is.
This blog is a chronicle. It’s an ongoing story. It’s my adventure and as any adventure goes…it’s more fun if I make it available to the world via the internet? Something kind of like that.